Full form of PhD
PhD stand for Doctor of Philosophy.
What is full form of PhD ?
- PhD is an abbreviation for Doctor of Philosophy.
- It is also called Philosophiae Doctor (Latin).
- It is also sometime abbreviated as PhD or Ph.D.
A person who has achieved doctorate degree can use a “Dr.” title in front of his/her name and referred as a doctor.
Here one thing to note is that the title doctor applies to anyone who has achieved a doctoral degree. Doctoral degree is an independent, self-directed research degree supported by one or more supervisors.
PhD is considered as very prestigious thing.
Where we can do PhD ?
- PhD can be conferred by academic any university.
What is exactly PhD ?
- PhD is a post graduation program.
- Basically about deep research program
- It takes years of research.
In which subject we can do PhD ?
Remember that PhD is awarded in almost every field. Like Accounting, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Health care management, Mathematics, Organizational behavior, Physics, Statistics, etc…
It is considered as the highest academic degree awarded by universities in most countries.